Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Letter to my blog

Dear blog,

I'm sorry you're feeling alone. I guess november blues doesn't make it easier, does it. Poor you, what must be going on in your heart. I know, I only wrote one review in November. But please keep in mind that I'm reading more books at the same time. Some need to be returned to the library, others are personal property, so I take more time with them. It doesn't mean I'm not reading and I'm not thinking about you. I do. I wonder if you like my latest review. I'm being really mean with all writers, aren't I? What all will people tell about my imaginary book, I wonder? I need to be prepared for the worse. Please don't take my reviews personally. I know you had to put up with a lot, and you can't even mutter a word of disapproval. You just sit there and accept everything like a good mother.

Listen to me, I haven't even asked how you feel about the settings, layout, you like them? Would you like to see any changes? What? They're too long? The reviews? Oh, it means they're also boring. Well, sorry, it's not Saturday Night Live here. I can't make writers' work better in a review. If they had asked me for cowriting, it would have been a totally different story. I would have felt obliged to be corteous. Luckily I have no obligations.

How are you, how is space treating you? Are satellites on time with dinner delivery, do you catch all 400 TV channels? Oh, c'mon, so what if Oprah retires? You should open an account on Facebook. It will make you feel better.

C'mon, let's get us some Tori Amos on youtube and chocolate icecream. Love is a tap, after all, and there's never want of plumbers.

1 comment: